India Pear Bitters
India Pear Bitters
Never before has such lunacy been attempted, and we couldn’t be happier about the result. Flavors of India and West Coast, USA meet via thematically appropriate plants and distilled IPA, thus representing a delicious and fresh union.
Product photography by Daniel Dent
We pick many of the botanicals ourselves, including organic buddha’s hand fruit and leaf from Tenalu Farms. Also, find a more healthy and tasty pear than one which grew up on Mt. Hood Organic Farm, we dare you.
The layers of flavor start with pear, citrus of many kinds, and amchoor (dried young mango). Secondary hits are celery seed funk, mace, ajwain seed, salinity from Piran sel gris from Bitterman Salt Co, tropical hop notes, and bitterness from ashwagandha. The backbone comes in the form of fresh turmeric, ginger, cubeb pepper, fenugreek, holy basil, and green cardamom.
To stabilize these botanicals we distilled Magnolia Brewing’s “Proving Ground IPA”, which allows us to start with dense flavor even before we added the 30+ thematically appropriate plants.
"This isn’t your run of the mill bitters that focus on one or two flavours; they’ve managed to combine elements and spices from many different regions of the world and come up with a product that is at both times very Mediterranean and distinctively Asian in its flavour profile. Nothing overwhelms you and even the ingredients that tend to hijack flavour profiles like cardamom and ginger find their place and play nice with their contemporaries."
Click here to read full review.
- Anything involving rum, from an Aged Rum Old Fashioned to a Daiquiri
- Soda and tonic water
- Bright curry, especially with coconut milk and vibrant vegetables
- Vinaigrettes: add 1-3 sleeves per person in the dressing or drop right on top of a salad
- Austere sherry, cider, or dry vermouth based cocktails
- Iced almond or coconut milk lattes and tea
- With Saison or any light beer, just dropped on top or in beer cocktails